After the memorial service, AJ and I went up to the hospital to see our "little fighter." We had made arrangements to have the chaplain that baptized Levi come and do a blessing for Michael. Titus (the chaplain) is a very nice man that has a calming energy about him. He took care of Levi two Monday's before and he made us feel as comfortable in our situation as anyone could. In fact, while he was praying over Michael, Michael couldn't stop smiling. His smile right now seems to be mostly accidental, but it is great to see him grin and bare his little gums. Titus also shared with us that his wife had had a twin brother that died at birth. What are the odds that we would have that connection. We left Michael's room with a sense of comfort that we had made the right decisions for our family.
Again this morning I am reflecting back not only on this past weekend, but on the past two weeks. Although, there have been many people/angels that have been a part of our lives in the past few weeks, (more on them later) there are three that stand out in my mind today. In addition to Chaplain Titus there are two men that I want to acknowledge. The first is Dr. R. Shah. I cannot express enough the compassion that I feel from this man. I count my blessings every day that he was the doctor on call that night. Being cared for by a large group of doctors, you never who you're gonna get. But there is no one else that could have taken better care of us that night, physically or emotionally. That brings me to Kerry Palmer. Kerry and his family run Palmer funeral homes, and Southlawn Cemetery. From the time he walked into my hospital room he seemed to understand what we were going through and has helped us through the process. He shared that he was familiar with the NICU, and also with loss. Kerry took the time and energy, when some people wouldn't, to make a huge exception for our Levi to be included in the "In God's Arms" service. You see normally the service is for 20 week babies and earlier, Levi was 29 weeks; it is also affiliated with St. Joseph Hospital, we were at Memorial Hospital, but he made it happen for us because it was what I wanted. We will be eternally grateful.
That is all the time I have this morning; I am off to the hospital to see my Michael, who by the way now weighs 4 lbs!!!!!!! He is getting so BIG!!!!!!!!
Yay! He hit the 4lb mark! That's awesome!
ReplyDeleteI think about Levi and Michael often and say prayers for both of them everyday.
Jenni,
ReplyDeleteI check this blog everyday and a tear comes down my face everytime..I'm so sorry to hear about your guys loss and yet your beautiful baby boy...
I'm sending my best wishes and prayers to you...
Nicole(Carper) Millet
Jenni, A.J. and Michael,
ReplyDeleteI just wanted to let you know that you are in our prayers. I cannot imagine what you must be going through! I was so happy to see all the loving people who have been there for you.
Good job Michael for 4lbs!! Keep up the good work ;)
Love,
Shannon (Pantello) Orr -cousin ;)
Jordon Orr
Dear Jen,
ReplyDeleteMy heart goes out to you and AJ for all you are going through, Michael and Levi, blessings both. May Levi continue his journey knowing how much you loved him. I will say prayers for Michael. Keep up your strength as Michael needs you.
Much love,
Amy Kleinert (a client/friend of Jills)
Jen and A.J.,
ReplyDelete"In God's Arms" sounds like such a perfect way to honor and acknowledge your precious little Levi and what peace to know he is surrounded by other sweet little babies....You're right, I'd never heard of it but what a wonderful, thoughtful program.
Amazing the people that have crossed your paths these past few weeks. The comment "what are the odds" makes me think it's not a coincidence at all. What a blessing that God would put such compassionate,caring people with you at such a time and how heartwarming to know that there are people still willing to go out of their way like that. What a difference that can make.
Wow, your little fighter is 4 lbs!Yay!!! We are thinking and praying for him every day. I absolutely loved how he smiled at you after the memorial service, almost like he knew how tough it had been and he just wanted to bring a smile to you and A.J. How very sweet! Even at his tiny little size, I think babies can perceive things we would be surprised at. Please give him a little kiss and hug from all of us.
Hope you are all enjoying a nice weekend together.
Love,
Aunt Jill